Engineering Update

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 12 20:59:46 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Prompted by the wonderful update we got from the Marketing Team
yesterday, I was thinking of how best to do an overall engineering
update for the Council.  We could bring each WG or SIG in one at a
time to give an overview/update, but that would take a considerable
amount of time.  Instead, I would like to propose something a bit
different.

I'd like to contact a number of the engineering groups and ask them to
find someone to present on things they are working towards for Fedora
23 and 24.  Each presenter would be allotted around 5-10 minutes and
then we would have time for questions after.  The idea here is to
focus on the most important task/item the group is working towards,
and to get a broad overview of how the efforts are working to advance
Fedora as a whole.

What does the rest of the Council (and others) think of this idea?  We
might need to go a bit longer than an hour, but hopefully it would
give us a better picture to work from.

(Note: I am not including the Rings/Modularization and Editions
objectives in this.  Those are their own thing individually.)

josh