Engineering Update

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 14 17:50:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 04:59:46PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> What does the rest of the Council (and others) think of this idea?  We
>> might need to go a bit longer than an hour, but hopefully it would
>> give us a better picture to work from.
>
> Sounds good to me. With the schedule I posted the other week, we have
> these "update" meetings monthly, and I asked QA if they'd do next
> month's. So, on that nominally-now-regular calendar, that'd put the
> next such slot on July 7th. Would that be a good time for this? It
> seems a little far off.

Let's tentatively plan for July 7th.

> We're not _limited_ to that, though; we also have "Open Floor"
> alternating weeks, and I'm completely fine with making that "Open Floor
> unless we have something else scheduled". (In fact, next week will be
> Stephen reporting on Editions.) So, that would make June 1st or 15th
> open, if earlier is preferred.

June 1 is too early.  I'd like to include rel-eng as one of the groups
and they have a FAD planned for June 5-7.  It would be good for them
to have the FAD and then report on the highlights of that.

Speaking of groups, here are the groups I was planning on including:

Workstation, Server, Cloud, Base, Env & Stacks WGs
rel-eng
infrastructure
FPC (if relevant)

I was going to include QA as well, but as you pointed out they have
their own session coming up and I think they're large enough to do
that on their own.  Do the rest seem like good fits, and have I left
any out that would naturally fall under Engineering?

josh