Engineering Update

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 14 18:11:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 01:50:58PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> Let's tentatively plan for July 7th.
>
> Ok cool. I'll update fedocal with all of this.
>
>> Workstation, Server, Cloud, Base, Env & Stacks WGs
>> rel-eng
>> infrastructure
>> FPC (if relevant)
>> I was going to include QA as well, but as you pointed out they have
>> their own session coming up and I think they're large enough to do
>> that on their own.  Do the rest seem like good fits, and have I left
>> any out that would naturally fall under Engineering?
>
> That seems to hit the key bases. There are a number of other SIGs which
> I would classify as "under Engineering", but all with an * of some sort
> -- Spins (if not the various desktop tech SIGs), EPEL (kinda), Secondary
> Arches....

I thought about Spins some.  Maybe I'll add them in.

Secondary arches already kind of roll up through rel-eng in their
meeting, but I can ask if there are major plans coming.

EPEL doesn't make sense for a report on what they're targeting for
F23/F24...  Personally, I don't think of EPEL as a _Fedora_ thing at
all, to the point where I kind of wonder if it would be better under
the CentOS umbrella.  That is an entirely separate discussion though.

josh