Packaging FAD China 2015

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 19:31:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:50:11AM +0800, Alick Zhao wrote:
> It is a bit hard to predict, especially since we have few experiences
> of doing Fedora events in Shanghai, and no prior experience of FAD in China
> focusing on packaging. For now I'd say I expect three more new packaging
> contributors and ten more packages in the repo. Not sure if it is a
> good estimate though.

On the one hand, that's not huge, but on the other hand, growing
new long-term contributors and community members is hard to put a price
on and your total requested budget is not huge. How about we add
a third impact, like "gain experience for future Fedora events in
China", and make this a testbed -- learn how it went, if we can have an
even bigger impact next time, and so on?

Other council members, what're your thoughts on this one?

Would you be able to write a Fedora Magazine article about the Fedora
community in Shanghai as a followup to the FAD?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>