Re: Followups from Council phone call monday — Budget discussion for this year and beyond

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 13 22:08:23 UTC 2015

Fwiw, I agree w this point too and hope we can have some more strategy around events? I think this was part of the thinking Spot had around our presence at SXSW - reaching out to an audience we don't normally hit at the lug/linux cons. (Does that sound right?)

First hand impression of being at the Fedora booth at SXSW is that the vast majority of people we spoke with had little knowledge of Fedora and were genuinely being introduced to both Fedora and floss tools for the first time (we focused on designer-centric tools like Inkscape, given the audience makeup.)

~m