Followups from Council phone call monday — Budget discussion for this year and beyond

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 15 14:37:19 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 04:23:28AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I've often wondered why we don't do the "Fedora Meetup" model. It

I think this is simply the same reason we don't have a lot of other
things we know would be a good idea in Fedora but haven't done — no one
really enthused about it stepped up and made it happen.

I was actually talking with Remy about this as a community
action/impact activity last week. Remy, what are your thoughts?

> It would be a great thing to enable the various Ambassadors to get
> involved in, It would require a central resource(s) to manage the
> meetup group and do some co-ordindation in the organizing of the
> meetup group and ensuring a level of quality but seeing how large some
> of the other meetup groups grow (I've seen some that are operating
> 100s of meetup locations) I suspect it might be worth the effort.

Very much yes. I see two main avenues — specific meetups around Fedora,
combined with Fedora activity at meetups around other open source
projects.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>