FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

Sudhir D sdharane at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 06:39:25 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 09:49 AM, pjp at fedoraproject.org wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 9:19 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On a more general note, something for APAC region to consider... using
>> very rough back-of-the-envelope calculations, the $17k proposed here
>> could instead be used to get a dozen key contributors from APAC to
>> Flock next year. How would doing that compare as value for the money in
>> terms of overall benefit to the Fedora APAC community? (Not saying
>> that's necessarily better — genuine question.)
>    I think that'll benefit the key Flock participants, but wouldn't help as much to the Fedora APAC community. It would not serve the purpose of bringing Fedora APAC contributors together, or help to grow the Fedora APAC community. (just thinking aloud)

I might be speculating but does this question arise because we don't see
increase in number of contributors from APAC after an event like FUDCon
APAC?

If that is the case, we might want to re-look at large event like FUDCon
in this region and focus on having measurable ambassador programs and
smaller local conferences which is not heavy on budget but good means to
nurture and develop potential local Fedora contributors.
We should look at Flock as a global event and fly key contributors from
APAC. IMO, that will be more  rewarding for people who really
contribute. If we see the number of key contributors increase from this
region then we can re-introduce FUDCon APAC?

My .2 cents.

Cheers,
Sudhir