no-cost fedora "sponsorship" of a fedora remix at a launch event?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:35:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Let me see if I can explain this concisely. https://cloudrouter.org/ is
> a Fedora Remix aimed at software-defined networking. The company behind
> it has a launch event on September 9th, and as a token of appreciation
> for being Fedora-based, would like to add us as a sponsor (although
> they are not asking for any money). They would put our name on a coffee
> station (similarly to how our friends at Rackspace sponsored breaks at
> Flock). Do we want to do this?

I think this is very cool and think Fedora attending the event is a
great idea. How better to engage a community already inclined toward
Fedora? I'm curious if they have reached out in a similar way to the
CentOS community?

Regardless I would support attending as either an invited "sponsor" or
just as an interested guest. From all I can see now they certainly are
trying to do things right and are producing a product that has a lot
of potential.

John