RFC: draft of new privacy policy

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 2 15:40:15 UTC 2015

It's been about seven years since we amended our privacy policy, and
there are number of things we'd like to better address. Fedora Legal
has produced a new draft, and would like comments. (This involves
actual lawyer time and back and forth, so let's make that a 14-day
comment period.) The draft proposal is at

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Spot/PrivacyPolicyProposal

Please review and provide any feedback. Of particular note, there's a
section on "Non-Personal Information", covering IP addresses,
geolocation, crash data, and an anonymous machine UUID. This last is
something I've talked about at Flock and DevConf for the last couple of
years, but isn't actually implemented. This just lays some groundwork.
(Any such future implementation will get its own period of feedback and
strict security review to make sure we're keeping the promises this
statement makes.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>