RFC: draft of new privacy policy

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Sep 2 15:58:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 11:40:15AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> It's been about seven years since we amended our privacy policy, and
> there are number of things we'd like to better address. Fedora Legal
> has produced a new draft, and would like comments. (This involves
> actual lawyer time and back and forth, so let's make that a 14-day
> comment period.) The draft proposal is at
>
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Spot/PrivacyPolicyProposal

Sharing Your Personal Information

""
we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties
in limited circumstances, including:
- for research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such
aggregated information is used to describe our services and is not used to
contact the subjects of the report).
""

Is this really something we want to do?

Pierre