for discussion: Fedora OpenShift as an objective

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:06:48 UTC 2015

On 09/29/2015 08:52 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> But now, there's a shiny new OpenShift v3, rewritten in Go. I'd like to
> talk about (and eventually if enough people think this is a good idea,
> officially propose) a 12-month (e.g, Fedora 24 and 25 cycle) initative
> to better our relationship with OpenShift, in order to put Fedora in a
> position of leadership in this important area of computing — and,
> thinking bigger, to advance the state of open source in this area by
> doing that.

Interesting perspective.

How exactly do you come to the conclusion that Fedora shipping Red Hat
product somehow automatically becomes being in position of leadership in
the relevant computing area?

I'm being serious so explain me in detail how it achieves that compared
to other distribution shipping the exact same set of applications or why
users of said products will be deploying it on Fedora as opposed to
RHEL/CentOS in their IT environment for example?

Once you have explained that to the wider audience to how come this is
not just being discussed in the relevant WG that might ship that
application stack or for that matter those actually driving the
initiative to misuse the community for early adoption of Red Hat
products now in the name of open shift form a WG themselves if said
application stack does not belong with any of the excising WG or for
that matter the existing ones dont want it as a part of their portfolio.

JBG