ok, cwg is official, now what?

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 19 21:57:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 22:12, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> I sent a notice to fab list about initial membership (yay), and now it's
> time to get to work.

Great! Looking forward to work together with everyone :)

Let me repeat here what I responded to your post on fab list in case
some people don't follow that list. I'm currently running for a seat
in the board in the upcoming elections and in case I get a seat there
I will step down from the CWG again because I strongly believe no
person should be in the board and the CWG at the very same time.

> I'm going to stick around awhile (if you don't mind) to help guide the
> process along.

Very good, thanks. I think it important that you help us get started
as you have the actual vision of the CWGs work :)

> And, I don't recall if I had mentioned it to everyone
> yet, so let me also mention that Karsten Wade will be lurking too, in
> his words:
> "I'm proposing that ... I could fill a special advisory role as
> 'interpreter and commiter-to TOSW(1)'".
> (1) http://theopensourceway.org/wiki/Main_Page

The list archive is open anyway, isn't it? :)

> In proposing the charter for the group, I splatted a few ideas about
> some initial tasks,
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Community_Working_Group#Tasks_for_the_Working_Group
> but that's purely advisory, it's ultimately up to this group to decide
> on how best to proceed.
>
> So, having all that, I'd suggest trying to arrange some (semi-regular?)
> meetings, say on irc (or whatever).  Should we setup something on
> whenisgood.net or other suggestions?

+1 for IRC meetings and whatever tool works for finding a good time.

-- red