ok, cwg is official, now what?

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 20 00:50:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 15:09 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I'll take that one step further and say that beyond being an initial
> charter group of folks, the CWG really should be an elected body and not
> beholden to the Board.  I'd really like to see our first task be to
> figure out a process for elections, turnover, and make it generally
> known that we're not here to do things that the board didn't want to be
> the mean guy and do - because I think that is how a lot of people are
> perceiving it... basically we need to make sure we are truly being a
> Community working group, emphasis on the word community.

I think it might be a bit pre-mature to make decisions about elections
for this group, since:

      * My understanding is that this group has a year term, and
        depending on what results we accomplish, will determine whether
        is exist afterwards.
      * I'm not 100% sure that this shouldn't be an appointed group
        (much like the Packaging Committee was). I'm basing this on my
        experience helping run the FESCo election for a few years, and
        also the horrible turnout our elections get in general.

I'd like to see us initially work on getting stuff done™, and then maybe
at the 6 months point, look into the whole whether elections are
necessary issue.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E