no german umlauts in openoffice

Markus Nicolussi mcwimpy at gmx.at
Tue Jul 6 16:18:53 UTC 2004

hi!

i have a problem with the german umlauts in OpenOffice. I allready searched
the mailinglist archives but found nothing apropriate.

i installed FC2 on serveral PCs. Everytime the same problem. I can't enter
german umlauts in OpenOffice. i get strange characters. in the console
(Ctrl+Alt+F1), in the GNOME-Terminal it works. There's no problem with
KOffice, Mozilla, GNUmeric and the like too. It only appears in OpenOffice.

Please help me, i am working in a jouth house and the personel wants to
convert from M$ to Linux, but with no umlauts...

ciao, nico.