[Design-team] Fwd: Re: [Fedora-legal-list] License for wallpapers in old Fedora releases

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Aug 3 18:15:13 UTC 2009

> Máirín Duffy (mairin at linuxgrrl.com) said:
> > I would like to keep the four foundations artwork as open as possible so
> > I don't think that should be an issue in Tatica's design. The only logo
> > element the four foundations contain is the empty bubble but I don't
> > think that should be an issue from my POV (being a designer and not a
> > lawyer - it'd still be quite hard to extrapolate the rest of the
> > logomark and logotext from just having that one balloon graphic)
>
> Ah, OK. I'm going by the wallpaper image, which uses the logo directly.

Ohhhhh I thought you were talking about this one:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-mosaico6.png

This one we definitely couldn't use:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:4f%27s-mosaic.jpg

But I think María made that last one more for fun than as an F12
proposal (correct me if I'm wrong, María! I remember you mentioned you
knew the logo wasn't allowed in official wallpaper)

> > The underwater mosaic I did doesn't have any logo elements in it.
>
> Perhaps I'm seeing patterns where there aren't any, but the lighting
> certainly evokes the logo to me.

Heh, that's actually really cool that it does! It's totally Nicu's
photos + freehand gimping, though.