[Design-team] mosaico perspective mockups

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 07:35:09 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 08:35:50 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 04:40 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > As per Paul's suggestion to try to modify the perspective of María's
> > mosaico designs to make it vibrate a little less with icons on the
> > desktop, I did some experimentation today in Inkscape with perspective.
> >
> > http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%20mosaic/
> >
> > The source SVG is in the directory as well. The two gimp ones I just
> > poked around at in the gimp, I didn't do too much with them so I didn't
> > bother uploading the source.
>
> I like *a lot* what you did there! But far my faves are
> wallpaper-mosaico6b_mo and wallpaper-mosaico6c_mo, hard to decide which
> one of them. At the same time, I don't really care about the GIMP
> transformation, so I would forget about that.

Indeed, I like it a lot too so +1 for wallpaper-mosaico6b_mo, 6c_mo I think is
too much blurry.

> However, I would change the perspective a bit, to make it less straight
> and symmetric, something like
> http://nicubunu.ro/temp/wallpaper-mosaico6_mo_nicu.svg (but of course,
> with the colors and edge effects from mosaico6b_mo and  or mosaico6c_mo)

Maybe some change of perspective should work but not as much as in your
mockup, it steals my focus to the top right corner (I'm looking for cookie
there? :D)

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>