[Design-team] [F12 Artwork] Final Wallpaper Concept

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:31:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Nicu Buculei<nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 05:26 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it's about time we discuss which of the three [1][2][3] wallpaper
>> concepts will be used as a base for the Constantine theme. Please bear
>> in mind we are not comparing how evolved each of the designs is, but
>> rather checking the potential of the design. We want a wallpaper that is
>> both nice and suitable for default, not a wallpaper that's awesome and
>> cool but you cannot discern icons/text on half of it.
>
> My take:
>
> - mosaico with a perspecitve view[1] is the strongest candidate. It is
> the only in vector format, it looks good (especially with perspective
> and a 3D look) and is small;
>
> - mosaic-glow (underwater) does look good, is appreciated by people but
> is large. I think it is a strong candidate for an additional wallpaper;
>
> - the statue has good colors and a lot of supporters but (as said
> before), I think it is too direct, not leaving place for any metaphor.

2 cents from the peanut gallery ...

As someone with the eye of a user who stares at a monitor most of
every day I find jayme's the most appealing and easy on my eyes. The
colors and textures are wonderful. I find it both mystical and
majestic. To my mind the calmness projected from the statue in the
midst of the turbulence around it makes a nice contrast making me want
to stare at it and think about it. It is very nice and I suspect will
be my wallpaper for F12, it is already my wallpaper on my current
Fedora desktop.

John