[Design-team] source control for fedora-themes

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:46:18 UTC 2009

Was just chatting a bit with msourada in #fedora-design today, and I was
curious about contributing kde-compatible bits to constantine-backgrounds
directly instead of doing it separately like in the past, see
but I'd like to get away from that, and get everything more collaborative
and centralized.

But, it seems there is no source-control currently being used for fedora
theming yet.  I'd like to propose hosting what's used in stuff like
constantine-backgrounds (and future fedora-related theming) in a git (or svn
or whatever) repo on http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-design/

I'm not suggesting (yet anyway) using such repos for design-workflow really,
that's something that seems to already have been worked out.  I'm only
talking about the often painful technical details of getting already-
designed stuff under source-control, and packaged for distro use.

-- Rex