[Design-team] [Design Team] HELP! any NLE Video Software!!

klaatu klaatu at hackerpublicradio.org
Mon Aug 10 19:31:02 UTC 2009

Hisham,

I am a video editor and whenever possible I use Linux for even my professional
jobs.  The tool I use is Blender (yes, Blender does video editing and does it
quite well).  I compile both ffmpeg and blender (2.49a) from source for maximum
performance but both are also available via fedora and rpmfusion repositories.

Tutorials on how to edit video and add fades and transitions can be found
here:
http://straightedgelinux.com/videoBlender

This is a two-part tutorial, so be sure to do it all for best results.

If Blender is a bit of an overkill, I would, like Martin, suggest PiTiVi.
They are really doing great things for video editing on Linux but if you are,
like me, used to FCP or Avid, you may find it a bit light-weight.

Also consider Kdenlive for a very Avid/FCP -like interface.

And last but not least, try LiVES for a particularly non-Avid/FCP interface.

Oh, and I should not leave out Open Movie Editor which is quite effective.

Hope that helps.

-- klaatu

--
the bad apple linux ogg cast --> http://www.thebadapples.info