[Design-team] About the Fedora Art Studio Spin

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Tue Aug 11 11:41:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 13:08 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Yup, the list needs to be updated. Also, I think it's good idea to
> rename the spin (in accordance with our move from Fedora Artwork to
> Fedora Design Team) to Fedora Design Live (or something like that). On
> quick look I haven't spotted any non linear video editor, IIRC pitivi is
> in Fedora repos and thus might be a good candidate. Also for screencasts
> most people probably use istanbul, might be a better choice than byzanz.

I don't think the spin needs to be named after our team, it just needs
to attract the type of user we are seeking no?

To save some space, I believe there is a group of folks working on an
audio studio spin, so we could drop those packages and maybe the video
packages too. Just focus on graphic design and maybe we could get a
decent sized spin.