[Design-team] [Echo Perspective] system-file-manager

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:11:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 23:43 +0200, Kris Thomsen wrote:
> Hi Art-pandas! :)
>
> I have worked on a little icon for system-file-manager. It's not
> finished yet, still need to play a little with the shadows. But tell
> me what you think. I started to make a "dark"-blue version, but Martin
> thought it would be better with something lighter, so I have
> experimented a little - take a look.
>
> Shoot!
>
> Dark:
> http://code-geek.baah.dk/Echo/system-file-manager.svg
> http://code-geek.baah.dk/Echo/system-file-manager.png
> Light:
> http://code-geek.baah.dk/Echo/system-file-manager-light.svg
> http://code-geek.baah.dk/Echo/system-file-manager-light.png
Ok, since none other seems to comment, I'll step in in order to not make
it stalled ;-) Now that I look at it, the dark looks better than the
light version (the bright blue, or even almost white clashes a lot with
the mid-bright grey). I was thinking you could perhaps try to improve
the contrast (in smaller sizes) by making the body brighter instead of
the drawers (probably not as bright as in user-desktop though). Plus the
shadows in 256x256 under handles need improvement. I'd use trapezium
(lol, I had to find out this word in dictionary...) instead of ellipse.

Other than that, I'm pretty much satisfied with the result (as we
discussed on IRC already), even though it's not wooden ;-)

Martin