[Design-team] updated wiki banner

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:39:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 17:04 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 12/02/2009 04:39 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Hrm, while we're at it, it might make sense to also update the image
> > from bluecurve look to something more modern (tango/oxygen/echo).
>
> The font was easy to change, since all I hat to do was to follow the
> logo usage guidelines... with the icons I sense a great debate about
> that is the default, what should be and what set us apart.
>
> Since the source is up in the wiki, please try various icons (but
> probably don't apply the change live until we get to a consensus).

After thinking about it a bit more, I've came to conclusion that
simplified high-contrast icons (perhaps in olpc style) might work best
for wiki banner. Here's a very simple idea of what it might look like:
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/Artwork_ArtTeamProjects_WikiDesign_ArtTeamN1.png
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/Artwork_ArtTeamProjects_WikiDesign_ArtTeamN1.svg

If not, then I'd go with tango or echo style as we use it already on
wiki in various places (on a side note, why the heck do we have half of
the icons gnomish and the other half echoish plus some simple
person-based ones on the wiki?).

Martin