[Design-team] [F13] Swirly Stars

Caius 'kaio' Chance k at kaio.me
Mon Dec 28 01:35:40 UTC 2009

(2009年12月28日 05:37), Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 12:48 +1000, Caius 'kaio' Chance wrote:
>> (2009年12月27日 06:56), Máirín Duffy wrote:

>>> zomg I love it! I wasn't sure how to get around the swirl issue but this
>>> does that beautifully!
>>>
>>> ~m
>>
>> IMHO how about more contrast and less objects? :P

> IMHO, the rocket is too much (/me is reminiscing about birds, mountains,
> woods and temples we had during Leonidas beta release [1] -- combining
> too many concepts into one image may hurt the result) but the rest is
> good :-)
>
> Martin

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_F11_Betamockup1_wide_right.png

IMHO, it is a bit too crowded and doesn't have flow of eyesight:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Stars-with-rocketship_concept01.png

The idea of rocket with smoke is great. And it would be greater if other
objects like tree, human, rocks could be smaller to reduce the
competition to be the 'main object'.

How about having some rounded stars?

-----

On design sense this one is much better:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Reach-for-the-stars_concept01.png

However, the wear-and-tear pattern is 'exposed': see the same
butterfly-like pattern is repeated 4 times vertically in the centre of
the picture?

BTW, once again as I have mentioned in previous Fedora releases, that
this 'sun ray' design might be recognized as a taboo to Asian peoples.
Check this out:

http://hall3001.web.infoseek.co.jp/pla/newgun/jpnn1.htm

This flag is almost the symbol of the invasion of Japan in WW2, which
brought massive pain to Asian countries. There was a famous actress from
China wear at a fashion show once a few years ago:

http://zhgpl.com/doc/1001/8/7/6/100187601.html?coluid=7&kindid=0&docid=100187601

who was boycotted for quite couple of years. I would compare that to:

http://fred.ipod.to/blog/?post/6

just FYI how sun-ray design have to be applied wisely.

Cheers, kaio. :)

--
Caius 'kaio' Chance ☺ かいお
   Fedora Project Contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:kaio