[Design-team] the fedora galaxy

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 31 08:06:25 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 09:22 AM, Brad Fanella wrote:
> I like it. Do you want to do a collab or something to make a wallpaper?
> Like you make parts and I make parts.

I encourage you to do this the open source way: Brian publish his
sources (It looks like GIMP considering the flares, so an .xcf) and you
take an play with them, trying to improve.

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM, brian hurren wrote:
>
>     Here is a mockup of a potential background for f13. It is the fedora
>     galaxy.see it her on flker
>     http://www.flickr.com/photos/11442726@N05/4229959427/

I know is only a mockup, so pretty much a sketch, but for me it look now
like a bright blob in the middle of nothing. The black is too black, it
should have some texture (some stars?) and the transition to the galaxy
is very sudden.
Also, the flares are too standard, they are default, not customized values.