[Design-team] Education Tests

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Jul 6 17:04:18 UTC 2009

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 07/05/2009 09:21 PM, María Leandro wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> last week I was doing some tests for the education sig; and I'll be
>> glad if I receive some feed back.
>>
>> so, here we go with all the links:
>>
>> ========== Education ================
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4.png
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f.png
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f1.png
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f2.png
>
> I like better the next two, due to their simplicity, the other look (to
> me) somewhat busy
>
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f3.png
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f4.png
>

> I said you on IRC, for the last one I think snowy the mountains at the
> bottom (I guess they are snowy mountains) look to unrealistic, but not
> unrealistic in a good, cartoon, way:
>
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-sky.png
>>
>> Jayme Ayres test =>   http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/education-4f-jayme.png
>>
>> Logo test:
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/logo-blue.png
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/logo-white.png
>
> Is not this a good case for using the "remix" logo?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Secondary_trademark_usage_guidelines

/me chimes in quickly here though not being an art team member...

Well, this has to do with this request I made for the Education SIG some
time ago: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/25

Actually, we're searching for a logo and a wallpaper. It would be nice
to have a logo for our trac instance: https://fedorahosted.org/education

As the Education SIG is part of the Fedora Project and the Education
Spin and officially approved spin for F11, I think having a logo for the
SIG itself (for example saying Fedora Education) would be great.

For the wallpaper, I like 4f3 more than 4f4, but those are just my 0.02$

Thanks for all the work,
--Sebastian