[Design-team] We have a gallery2 test instance

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 10 06:12:56 UTC 2009

On 07/09/2009 11:07 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Could it be used to display past Fedora release wallpapers,
> contributors wallpaper like Martin mentioned similar to what Fedora
> Forum used to have until vBulletin upgrade, sketches. Could it be

Yes, we should have distinct sections for all those categories, to make
navigation easier.

However, I am not a big fan of album-based galleries, where is not easy
to move an image from an album to another, I like better the photostream
approach, where you can tag an image in whatever sets/albums do you
want, but unfortunately I am not aware of any FOSS application working
like this, so making the best from Gallery2 looks like our best option.

> similar to gettyImages for example?

I think Getty is too complex for our needs.