[Design-team] Mosaic Ideas

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 13 06:30:03 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 02:23 AM, wonderer wrote:

> did not know if this came up, but I like the "old" mosaic style as seen
> at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic and maybe this could combined
> with photo-mosaic like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographic_mosaic ?!
> This COULD be a bit difficult, because the pieces would be small, but
> maybe an idea ...

We would need a software to create the mosaic from pieces. And depending
on the size and content, we may get an image not suitable as a desktop
wallpaper, making the desktop icons very hard to read, just like the
lion in F11.
However, i would *love* to have such a mosaic (maybe as a poster) with
photos of the large Fedora community members.