[Design-team] Fedora 12 Design Schedule

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 13 06:49:33 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 11:33 PM, John Poelstra wrote:

> Some of the key ideas for the planning and schedule for this release are
> to focus on the importance of the wallpaper and iteratively improve
> it.... making sure it is in the alpha and then releasing updated
> packaged versions in rawhide each week.  In addition to releasing new
> versions Máirín thought it would help get the word out if people blog
> about the updated wallpaper each week.  So after each of the wallpaper
> refreshes there is a also a separate task for blogging.

So *who* is in charge with blogging? Everyone? Anyone? Who is int he
mood that respective week?

> I had to remove the individual entries for EACH splash screen.  It got
> too unwieldy when we added an extra iteration for the splashes.  Does
> the design team have a place on their wiki where the keep SOPs or lists
> of standard work items for each release?  I'd be glad to put them there
> for you.  I would also suggest that you create tickets for each of these
> splash screens so there are clear work items interested people can work on.
>
> For ease of reference here is the list:
> Fullscreen splash for syslinux
> Fullscreen grub splash
> kdm login screen theme
> Square splash for anaconda and firstboot
> gnome splash screen
> kde splash screen

OK

> gnome screensaver lock dialog

As I said a couple of times in the past release cycle: GNOME does not
use any more an unlock dialog, GDM is used for the job.

> Anaconda horizontal header
> Firstboot vertical header
 > Create Alpha Website Banner

> Start Alpha Freeze
> Software String Freeze
> Alpha Release Readiness Meeting
> Alpha Public Availability

I am quite sure those above aren't splash screens, so we don't need
tickets for them :p

> Package Splash Screens
>
> Here is the latest version of the design schedule:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-design-tasks.html

How about the plan of having a pack of four additional wallpapers
(personas stuff)? They follow the schedule of the "wallpaper" or need
separate milestones? (i think the later is what we need)

> I'm here to help.  If there are other tasks or periodic reminders I can
> set up for your team, let me know.

Yes, i think we can use some reminders which preferably come in scary
words, like "the next week is the deadline for wallpaper concept
submissions, any new proposal coming after the deadline will NOT be
accepted"