[Design-team] Constantine theme mockup

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:04:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 08:55:32PM -0500, angella inzinga wrote:
> How do we handle it when an artist gives us explicit permission to use their
> art, regardless of the licensing? Every time I've approached someone about
> using/altering a photo with a CC license they are thrilled, and I can credit
> them in context. Seeing as we can't stamp 'photo by: " on our wallpaper do we
> need to ask them to agree to a non attribution use? Is this in the wiki and I
> just not see it?

Really, we need a license that allows us to redistribute to others
with the same rights we have to use, modify and redistribute.  In
other words, an artist can't just give us permission to use the art
ourselves.  The easiest way to do that is for the artist to agree to
license it to us with a Creative Commons license,
Attribution-ShareAlike being the preferred one I believe.