[Design-team] Fedora 12 Design Schedule

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:53:11 UTC 2009

Hey,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM, John Poelstra<poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> For ease of reference here is the list:
> Fullscreen splash for syslinux
> Fullscreen grub splash
> Square splash for anaconda and firstboot
> Anaconda horizontal header
> Firstboot vertical header
> Package Splash Screens

For the desktop spin I don't think we want to continue making new
versions of these each release.  Especially now that we have a
plymouth screen that isn't rethemed every release I think we can just
make one and reuse it from now on.  Or maybe we don't need some of
these at all.

> kdm login screen theme

We don't need this for the desktop spin.

> gnome splash screen
> kde splash screen
> gnome screensaver lock dialog

Not used in the desktop spin.

> Start Alpha Freeze
> Software String Freeze
> Create Alpha Website Banner
> Alpha Release Readiness Meeting
> Alpha Public Availability

Not relevant to the desktop spin.

I still think, for now, it makes sense to create a new desktop
background for each release.  But it would be great if we can
implement Window 7 style slideshows as well.  Also, I'm still very
skeptical about the value of relying on the internal code name for the
release to determine the visual design of the wallpaper.

Jon