[Design-team] We have a gallery2 test instance

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 20 14:52:17 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 05:17 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 16:54 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Normally I would have asked for other people opinions, but I see only
>> very few of us played with the gallery, which make me doubt it is a
>> popular/useful/wanted feature (but deep inside I still think a gallery
>> would be good for us).
>>
> Well given that it's been around 11 days since Mo announced this and
> that the announcement went to the design-list only and seeing how many
> people are active here during the summer vacations, it's quite
> understandable that not many of us have tried it yet...

I also blogged (on Planet) about it and mentioned in Fedora Weekly News.
However, it is not the time to announce to a wider audience, since it is
a test instance and we want at this point mostly to evaluate if the tool
is good for out goals.

> PS: In my case it's more like lack of content worth uploading (I don't
> own a good digital camera to start with...), though I did take a photo
> with my mobile phone recently with the target being the gallery test
> instance, but I haven't even transferred it to PC yet to see if there is
> not over too much noise XD

Don't worry about the lack of content (...and wallpapers used in the old
release are for example useful content to have), it's all about
functionality.

PS: a photo made with a mobile phone will most likely won't be good
enough for a wallpaper, but don't let that stop you, upload it anyway so
we can play with the software.