[Design-team] Mosaic Ideas

mairin at linuxgrrl.com mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Tue Jul 21 00:55:42 UTC 2009

Hi María,

> more links.
>
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-LATAM/wallpaper-mosaico4.png
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-LATAM/wallpaper-mosaico5.png
> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-LATAM/wallpaper-mosaico6.png

I really *love* this wallpaper:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-mosaico6.png

But when I turn my desktop icons on in nautilus, it seems to vibrate with
desktop icons a bit. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas to iterate the
design so it doesn't interfere with desktop icons as much. At least on my
screen, I think one issue is that each mosaic 'block' is roughly the size
of each of the folder icons on my desktop, and both being blue adds a bit
to the visual confusion. Do you think there's a way we could make the
tiles smaller without making the artwork too busy/distracting? I don't
think we could reasonably make them any bigger.

Although, I have another idea - maybe with your 3D expertise you could
make it happen. What if we took a 3D diagonal shot of a field of these
tiles? Something angled like this:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/art.gnome.org/archive/backgrounds/GNOME-Glassy_1280x1024.jpg