[Design-team] Proposal for wallpaper to Constantine

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 27 07:44:33 UTC 2009

On 07/24/2009 09:28 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> In general I think the method of taking a photo of an object affiliated
> with the theme codename, especially if it's an obscure connection, and
> building a wallpaper around that is too literal a way to interpret the
> theme. I think it's better to think about more abstract ideas and themes
> that come from a bit of deeper background on the codename (like we had
> talked before about some thematic ideas to build a visual interpretation
> of:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2009-June/000299.html)

But it seems so far we were unable to bring those concepts into a visual
representation. And with a deadline only a few days away, maybe we
should consider a pragmatic approach (i think so far Tatica's mosaic
with incorporating some feedback from Mo on the TODO is our strongest
contender as a *default* so far).

I also am disappointed to see very few proposals so far for the
*additional* wallpapers, we have so far only Tatica's design for
kids/education.

I know I should put my graphics where my mouth is and draw something,
but I tried a design, not liked it enough and thrashed it.