[Design-team] Proposal for wallpaper to Constantine

Cata catalinfest at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:17:52 UTC 2009

About feedback on my wallpaper :
Sorry but problems with  dense patent and contrast is not very easy to
remediate.
Because i use gimp and filter mosaic have minimal 5 px.
If i use 7 px and more this will be ta range of chars so the text icons il
be damage .

 The result is this (1600x1200 px) :
  http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen4.png
  Maybe is to bluejeans :) but is a ergonomic wallpaper.

2009/7/27 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 05:49:46PM +0300, Cata wrote:
> > "...we have one more week for some polishing (*not* final, release
> quality
> > work) and packaging."
> >
> > This is correct !
> >
> > I try use some wallpapers with icons and the result is not very
> impressive.
> > I show my wallpaper screenshot (the others maybe try some feedback ...) :
> >
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen1.png
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen2.png
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen3.png
>
> FWIW, desktop icons seem to have a somewhat difficult time standing
> out on any of these backgrounds, and the desktop icon labels even more
> so.  The darkness of the screen1 version makes this problem less
> severe.  The screen2 version, with a less dense pattern, might work
> better if it was made darker.  Same with screen3, only you might want
> to lower the contrast as well.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>  irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

My sites:
http://free-tutorials.org - tutorials