[Design-team] Wallpaper proposal: mosaic glow

Charlie Brej fedora-art at brej.org
Tue Jul 28 16:18:12 UTC 2009

On 28/07/09 16:42, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I am completely floored by the quality of submission we've
> been getting for F12, especially early today. :) I guess deadlines do
> help! I think you folks have really taken this to the next level, which
> is great!
>
> I put together a quick proposal based on Nicu's photoshoot of the
> mosaics in Bucharest. Actually it's sort of similar to the F6 wallpaper,
> which I realized afterwards. :( But maybe it would be a good
> supplementary wallpaper. Here it is:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0b/Fedora12_mosaic-glow_mo.png
>
> The xcf.gz source is uploading to mediawiki right now (same file name,
> replace png with xcf.gz), but it might stall, if it does I'll put it up
> on my Fedora People page.

I like this one too. In fact, from the quick office poll, they like this one the
best, from all that are on the wiki (although there is some kind of unicorn
hatred among some people). The light streaks and the specks look a little
artificial (like on top reater than within the water), but that can be easily
fixed. I don't think the similarity with FC6 is a problem. Maybe dropping the
specks will help differentiate.