[Design-team] Proposal for wallpaper to Constantine

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:49:43 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 09:44 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 07/28/2009 05:14 PM, Samuele Storari wrote:
>
>> This is another idea I'm workin' on.
>>
>> 4 Horses of 4 F Theme
>>
>> I think about horses 'cause in roman time they were so diffused and not
>> only a transport, but as a sign of power for the nobilities.
>> Like a lot of leader statues riding an horse in many squares.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sstorari/3765877908/
>>

> For this one i like the blue but some of the horse postures seems to me
> a bit odd. Also, i find the sharpness of the curved lines somewhat unfit
> and the addition of a lens flare effect to much over the top.
>

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sstorari/3765878880/
>>

> The drawing is brilliant (i remember some older horse drawing made by
> you, making me thing this is one of your favorite subjects) making me
> curious about the direction you intend to turn them to.
>

>> These are only sketches to show my idea and have some feedback, take a look
>>

> I think you have an interesting start here.

The only potential problems I have with the use of horses as a main
theme is pictures and ideas of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I think
that's going go dominate peoples minds when they see horses. It'd take a
lot of work to make them think of Constantine times as well because
horses have been used all over the world for a long time.

--
~Michael
http://michaelbox.net