[Design-team] Wallpaper proposal: mosaic glow

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 29 06:51:10 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 07:06 PM, Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 28-07-2009 12:42, Máirín Duffy escreveu:
>>
>> I put together a quick proposal based on Nicu's photoshoot of the
>> mosaics in Bucharest. Actually it's sort of similar to the F6 wallpaper,
>> which I realized afterwards. :( But maybe it would be a good
>> supplementary wallpaper. Here it is:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0b/Fedora12_mosaic-glow_mo.png

Wow! you hit me big time with nostalgia about Mola's FC6 design, which I
liked *a lot* at the time (but this one is much better from an usability
point of view).

> Good, but the effects are very similar to the Fedora 6 default wallpaper.

But this is not a bad thing. We always said some interesting concepts
may be revisited later (like F7's starry night, moon or flying), just
not in the subsequent releases.
And in various (unscientific) pools, FC6's DNA theme is considered an
all time favorite by many users.