[Design-team] Proposal for wallpaper to Constantine

Jayme Ayres jayme at jaymeayres.com
Wed Jul 29 11:38:09 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>:

>> The only potential problems I have with the use of horses as a main
>> theme is pictures and ideas of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I think
>> that's going go dominate peoples minds when they see horses. It'd take a
>> lot of work to make them think of Constantine times as well because
>> horses have been used all over the world for a long time.

I think if we look at all the possibilities of interpretation, both
find things dark, funny (as Nicu said), political, religious and so
on. The concept is explained by Samuele. When we develop a visual id
can have or do not express a concept or that concept may be hidden in
a metaphor, so much depends on designer if he wants to have a clear
idea or a subjectivity and when working with the second option gives
banks to many interpretations, as well as you thought.

> Not that you mention this, I like the 4 horses idea even more :p I can
> see us playing it (over the top) in our favour: "we are like the
> Apocalypse for the obsolete proprietary model" :D

LOL

--
Jayme Ayres
www.jaymeayres.com