[Design-team] Feedback for backgrounds

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jul 30 10:23:44 UTC 2009

On 07/30/2009 12:54 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
>        * mosaic by brejc8 -- reminds me of the Gears proposal from F10
>          theming contest... the white background would be a real eyesore
>          on desktop, but the concept is IMHO good

This one has a *transparent* background which probably is supposed to be
used with a composition. I can see us going with this style for the
website banners/counter if the default is a mosaic.

> In short:
>        * good candidates for default wallpaper (IMHO):
>                * (four foundations )mosaic by tatica
>                * underwater mosaic by Mo and Nicu
>        * good candidates for the 4 supplementary wallpapers (IMHO):
>                * pruebas by tatica
>                * mosaic by brejc8
>                * 4flowers and 4horses by Samuele
>                * Fedora-wall-jayme-VII

Pretty much agree.

> Note that we should also discuss what to put into the package for Alpha
> and how (will we ship [in Alpha] all the wallpapers as one slide-show,
> or separately, or a combination of these? Will we ship [in Alpha] all
> the submitted concepts, or make a narrower selection?)

We should allow a few days for further polishing.

Tatica, you promised a couple more designs, right?