[Design-team] F12 names and themeability

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:58:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 07:35:45AM -0700, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
> > > Goliath
> >
> > Power, might, crushing everything around. But is it a good idea?
> > Ultimately Goliath was a loser, defeated by David.
>
> +1 I think we could twist this around though, e.g. we could theme
> the artwork on defeating the target of Goliath, posing Fedora as the
> David...

Oh, that's a very intersting take on this -- like each release slaying
the former one?  F12 > F11, and so on.

> > > Rugosa
>
> +1 I LOVE this one. There are so many beautiful natural patterns we
> could use -
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haeckel_Tetracoralla.jpg

Whoa, that's really cool!

> > > Adamastor
> >
> > I have the same concern as for Hippokoon
>
> -1 me too, please let's move on from Spartans!

I'm detecting an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with the Greek king
names. ;-)  I think we can settle on removing these from the list we
send to Legal.

> > > Orville
> >
> > It may be interesting to have a graphic theme about music and shout
> > "Fedora 12 rocks!"
>
> +1
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Fedora%20Collateral/Guitar%20Pick/fedoraguitarpicks.png
> :)

Fedora is where the real rock stars live, IMHO. :-)

> > > Alexander
> >
> > I would liked more to have in the suggestion list some references for
> > secondary meanings, we know is a common name, was a Greek king...
> > something else to try than the same old Greek theme.
>
> +1 I think there's a lot of possibilities here tho. Alexander Graham
> Bell, Alexander Method, or maybe the movie Moondance Alexander which
> is about ponies which leads to a OMG!!!!! PONIES!!@!#!@$!@$ theme!

Lulz.