[Design-team] feedback from EMEA media production company

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 13:31:40 UTC 2009

Hi design-team,

I've got some feedback from our Fedora media producer in Munich
regarding the F11 disk art, that I wanted to pass along.

These guys are working on getting the artwork all settled now, so that
we can hand them final bits and hopefully have finished product in time
for FUDCon Berlin.

Here's the feedback, verbatim:

(1) The artwork is too big.  This leaves too possibilities:

a) they adapt the artwork to the standard case they use, and therefore
cut off a part of the design, which would turn up like in the file
attached

b) you ask the Fedora team to reduce the measures and use the
specifications attached

(2) All files related to the CD/DVD case contain transparencies and this
could bring some problems by printing out the files. Therefore it would
be great if the Fedora team could re-create X3 PDFs, that don´t contain
transparencies. Otherwise the agency can try to rewrite the pdfs but
there´s no warranty about the result.

(3) In the file "F11-livemedia-gnome-sleeve.pdf" there´s a no-embedded
font ("MgOpenModata-Oblique"). If we want to use this font they need
make a new pdf and embed it.

(4) In the labels is indicated a missing font ("Lohit-Oriya"). If we
really want to use this font we also need new files with the font
embedded.