[Design-team] another new person poking around

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 16 08:06:06 UTC 2009

On 06/16/2009 06:53 AM, angella inzinga wrote:
> Hi! My name is Angie, I'm in the US. Most of my experience has been in

Hi Angie!

> fine art and in the past few years I've slowly been learning digital
> art. I was able to ditch the photoshop habit and now use GIMP for the
> majority of what I do. I'm starting to get a grip on inkscape. I joined
> the  fedora art flickr community, and I'm housegirl_photos
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/30991136@N04/> there.

Our flickr group is not very active, I still hope we will get at some
point some Free infrastructure for sharing photos. I am also pretty much
into photography these days, maybe for F12 we will be able to do
something with photos (at least "Wallpaper Extras").

> As far as applicable skills, in the past I've mostly done fliers and
> posters for people, and I enjoy that a lot. My GIMP is somewhat strong,
> and my inkscape is weak but improving. I've never met sodipodi before
> seeing it mentioned in the art team mentors list of expertise.

This is fine, I think you will learn a lot by playing with some real
stuff for a clear goal.

BTW: Sodipodi is an old application, the predecessor of Inkscape. Please
tell me where you saw it listed, so I can remove it.

> I have lots of ideas, many of them very bad. But enough are workable.
> Most of the time. I try and be gentle when I offer critique, but when
> receiving it I really prefer to the point honesty. I don't need warm
> fuzzy from someone who is trying to help make me better.

Don't be afraid to post here about your ideas, I hope we are not that
scary :p

> As for where to start now that I'm here, it's a huge environment and
> half the time I"m not even really sure I'm looking in the right
> places... I would not be offended if anyone points me at something I
> probably missed, or just flat out tells me what to do until I get my
> legs under me!

We have a page where people can request work from us, see if you find
there something interesting to work on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService