[Design-team] The Theme

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jun 17 06:18:54 UTC 2009

On 06/16/2009 09:04 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:

> My idea based on our previous approaches:
> 1. sketching the base concepts (ideas accompanied by simple pictures)

We should decide here about the way to go: like F11, trying to get a
concept/metaphor and everybody working toward it or like F8-F10 with an
open "competition".
I think neither of those worked very well...

> 2. get initial approach wallpapers into Alpha (concept should be decided
> upon, wallpaper should look good, but needs not to be polished). This is
> where we need to get feedback (most of the design team people blogging
> about it?) and reflect on it. If more concepts are still being discussed
> over, have them all in the release (automatically change the different
> concepts so that we users/testers wouldn't need to change them
> manually?)

According to the schedule, we have Alpha freeze on 2009-08-04 and Alpha
release on 2009-08-18.

Maybe we should set a date before the Alpha freeze (a number of weeks
after the release name announcement) as a deadline for *concept*
submission, so we have the time for a selection before the freeze?

> 3. have most of the artwork covered by Beta (based on the alpha feedback
> we'll build a theme upon a single selected concept; after this milestone
> we must not change the concept so that we'll have enough time to fill
> the holes and do final polishes)

+1

> 4. polish for RCs and Final so that the release artwork will be awesome
> and breath taking ;-)

+1