[Design-team] The Theme

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jun 18 14:43:40 UTC 2009

On 06/18/2009 05:27 PM, brian hurren wrote:
> what if we create our own repository of open source clip art containing
> useful elements that can be modified and cut up as needed. we can start
> searching the net and contibuting our own creations now. Sort of like a
> scrap book.

Why run our own? Such a project may run on our infrastructure, but is
better, IMO, to be an independent, upstream project so everyone is
encouraged to contribute and to use the images.

Pretty much like the Open Clip Art Library (openclipart.org) but with
raster images, not SVG. It can use even the same infrastructure, ccHost.