[Design-team] The Theme

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:52:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:12:24PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I think it's a combo of:
>
> - the creative process is hard to control, and it's hard to know how
> long something is going to take or what odd directions it might take
>
> - lack of people
>
> - outside of the team folks tend to be very critical of the artwork no
> matter what and it's demotivating.
>
> And I don't think there is so much we can do about the first and last.

Sorry to pull this out of context, but I wanted to wax philosophical
for a moment.  (I pontificate. It's what I do.)

Here's what I tell myself from time to time: "I try my best to excel
at what I'm doing.  I have no power over other people's happiness.  I
can only control my own, and that only somewhat."

A little hippy-dippy I guess, but it's important to tell myself that
once in a while when I encounter a bunch of negativity that brings me
down.

Paul