[Design-team] Constantine

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 28 17:43:10 UTC 2009

nicu buculei schrieb:
> On 06/28/2009 03:20 PM, wonderer wrote:
>
>> Then I think nicu's mosaic idea sounds good and I suggest that we could
>> port this "old" mosaic style and "improve" it to a modern style. Maybe
>> some blue-metalic-rendering thingy (I just let this idea flow around
>> your heads ;-) ).
>>

> About the implementation, keep in mind that we decided to go with
> something vector and simple as a *default* (along with a few more, non
> release linked, additional options).
>

>> Also I had the the "Lion" we had in Fedora11 in my head and now maybe
>> another animal ... do we want the same theming or something new?
>>

> We can't go with another animal (no, not even a panda :D), that would be
> to close for the previous release.

Not even a hippo? http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/3664418617/ :-D

Ok, so Constantine, sword, emperor...

>> The Lion has a bit of an aggressive meaning, Constantine is en emperor
>> (also a bit aggressive) do we want the same way or make something smoother?
>>

> The fact is Constantine was an emperor and for this link it was voted by
> people).

Ok. I like the bit funny idea of this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Yorkconstantine.jpg
and the "f" under his right hand flowing around...
Maybe a bit more steampunk style or a sword out of mosaic peaces...
>> Questions over questions, but maybe some flowing ideas came out... just
>> brainstorming a bit...
>>

> Yeah, now is the time for it, let the ideas flow (as long as they are
> not related to the movie starring Keanu Reeves, but even that movie can
> have a positive use by setting a link: Constantine was a movie, so we
> can try to call Fedora 13 "friday", as in Friday  13" :p )

Thats exactly the point. Thanks for that. We had here many thoughts I
think, i also thought of the movie ;-)

> For example I expect Mo, after arriving home from a *long* plane trip to
> propose a steampunk approach:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_to_Byzantium#Fourth_stanza

Hmm, sounds good, but isn't it to far away from Constantine as name itself?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0