[Design-team] Documentation Logo Design

Ryan Lerch ryanlerch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:09:56 UTC 2009

Luya,

Publican (the toolchain that produces these documents) has a tight
structure built around Products (and their logos), Book Titles and Sub
Titles. The elements that are seen in the first mockup are essentially
the "Front Cover" of the book, and IMO are needed in this
circumstance. Changing these elements is also a lot harder than
changing the image that rudi requested, as the tool itself (Publican)
would need to be changed.

That said, i agree with the word "fedora" being used too much
(especially with the non logotype "fedora" that was in my first
design)

So, with some help and guidance from Rudi and Mo, i decided to go with
a simpler text only header to replace the "made with publican" image.

A test book with the new image can be viewed here:
http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/fedora-docs-logo/html/index.html

cheers,
ryanlerch

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga