[Design-team] Book or booklet, (or just flyers?)

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:10:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

My name is Zoltan Hoppar, one the ambassadors. After I have participated at
Budapest FSF event, I have noticed that ambassadors couldn't give away
printed stuff for the people, if needed just few flyers. My first idea was
to have maybe more flyers, but this - I think - couldn't be enough to show
the stuff around Fedora, and also have it translated too.
About translation - as part of the HU l10n team, I say to get it done, the
best place is Transifex, where I would like to upload - and all translator
team could reach all chapters, and together with sheduling we could have
after each release an new book.

What will contain this book? (not fixed list)

- Introduction, preface from Community leader, introduction about Fedora,
short history about from the past, what happened earlier, some remembering
- Our basement 4 F's, purpose of Fedora
- Latest main release, release notes
- Newest features, some possible future features in next release (Some
Fedora's talking points, aso.)
- Respins, some respin information
- How to be a contributor, FAS registration procedure in short
- Who is behind all of this work
Teams with team info(main teams, SIG's), with team coordinators,
coordinators faces, mailing lists addresses, nicks
- Our websites, other informations
- Copyrights

Similarly we already have an one page release note by Mairin Duffy, and I
have found an flyer about our Electronic lab - so parts I already have, just
we must put it together. Also the respin webpages are also awesome, maybe
this similarly could be a right template to this.

So, I would like to have help, or continuing support from the design team,
to build an template for this purpose by each release. The target is to be
giveable to people, and reach as many contributors as possible.

If you guys have any idea about this, don't hesitate to write to me or
create anything.

Thanks,

Zoltan (ZoltanH721)
--