[Design-team] Still need help on the Games Spin Screenshots :)

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Fri Nov 27 16:54:44 UTC 2009

Hi Gianluca,

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 11:15 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> 2009/11/27 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> > - Categorical organization is a wonderful idea for #1 because they can
> > get a feel for the type of games by reading the category names and dive
> > deeper only into the ones that best interest them. For these folks too,
> > maybe some spotlight content on particular games would be good.
> > Categories also chunk the very long list of games into smaller, more
> > manageable chunks so it's overall a great solution.
>
> You may want to match these with the ones in:
> games-menus.noarch : Catagorized submenus for the GNOME/KDE Games menu

Oh, this is a good idea - I didn't even know about it! So I just tried
it out; here it what it provides:

Action Games
Adventures
Arcade
Blocks Games
Board Games
Card Games
Emulators
Games for Kids
Logic & Puzzles
Role Playing Games
Simulations
Sports Games
Tactics & Strategy

Nicu, do these categories make more sense? We can treat them more like
tags in implementation so a game can be under more than one category.

Does anybody know how I can look up which games are filtered to go under
which categories? Is this only available from the individual rpms for
each game? I looked
at /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/games-categories.menu but no dice
it seemed.