[Design-team] Remaining F12 design tasks - need your help!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Oct 2 06:33:27 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 08:54 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> - Create Beta Website Banner: due Fri 2009-10-09
> - Create Count Down Graphic: due Tue 2009-10-13
> -  Beta Release Public Availability Tue 2009-10-13 (would be nice to
> have release party poster templates for this, but not necessary)
> - Create DVD/CD label and sleeve artwork: due 2009-10-27
>
> Does anyone see a task here they'd like to pick off? All the artwork
> thus far, including sources, should be a handy resource for completing
> any of these, and it is available here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork/Beta

As we have a number of new contributors asking for an opportunity to get
their feet wet with some contributions, I want to point this is a very
good opportunity:

- the count down graphic can be (should be?) a derivative of the Alpha
banner: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F12-alpha-banner-duffy.png
(source: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Duffy-f12-banner.svgz),
just replace "Alpha" with the days. Note: it may be needed for the
author to follow up and help with integrating translations;
- Beta website banner can be just a simple Alpha to Beta replace in the
above mentioned Alpha banner;
- for media art, have a look at the F11 version:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F11 - use the same
template for the label, only replace 11 with 12 (the labels must be
simple for effective printing). The sleeves can have a similar layout
but using graphics in the same style with the default wallpaper (reuse
the high-res PNG).